Careers / Connections
The primary role of the Search Manager is to manage day-to-day operations of SEM and programmatic PPC campaigns across multiple clients, as well as contributing to SEO site audits, keyword and content strategy and reporting. Tactical responsibilities include paid search campaign bid management, keyword research, paid search ad writing/optimization, paid search campaign strategy, implementation and optimization, reporting and SEO meta data writing and direction. The Search Manager will work directly with the Search Director, Media Planners and Buyers, Digital Content Strategist, Content Leads, and the Digital Strategy and Measurement Director to execute and optimize paid and content campaigns and reporting. The Search Manager will be highly skilled in keyword development, bid management, ad copy testing, budget allocations, and campaign optimization and will maintain Google Adwords Certifications for paid search, display and video marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities as Search Manager
- Develop and manage PPC campaigns including keyword research, and maintaining balance in bid prices, click-through rates, and quality scores
- Responsible for effectively managing the search spend as planned by the Search Director
- Maintain knowledge of client’s business, competition and latest industry news and trends.
- Work with the Search Director to build the strategy
- Communicate with the Search Director, Project Managers, Account Leads and Media Planners regarding strategy and performance metrics
- Perform analysis and optimization of SEM campaigns based on SEM best practices, including account structure, keyword research, landing page testing, ad text creation, bid management, and more
- Analyze daily programmatic PPC trends, including bid management, ad performance, and targeting optimizations
- Manage campaign progress and ROI for numerous accounts across multiple websites and product lines
- Develop reports and dashboards that monitor the performance of campaigns
- Perform periodic campaign audits and provide optimization insights to teams
- Collaborate with the Search Director and other team members on new opportunities to drive results through detailed analytic reports, audience and keyword analysis and more
- Communicate campaign progress to account leads and other relevant team members through the distribution of detailed client performance reports
- Participate in creating proposals for new and existing clients
- Support Account Leads with report explanations and insights, campaign recommendations and campaign performance updates as needed
- Support Search Engine Optimization efforts through site audits, keyword research and development, content strategy, and metadata writing
- Pass and maintain Google AdWords Certifications
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience managing multiple PPC campaigns for an agency or media company
- Proficiency with Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Bing Ads
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and organic traffic analysis
- Thorough knowledge of PPC optimization techniques and best practices
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Strong analytical skills and passion for details
- Strong ability to balance multiple projects/clients at once and prioritize work with evolving and competing timelines, budgets and availabilities and anticipate issues in process
- Basic web development knowledge
- Experience with digital marketing tools such as Moz, call tracking software, Google Tag Manager, SEMRush, Open Site Explorer, SEOquake, and various CMS systems
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Proven success fostering relationships and building confidence with clients - ability to show diplomacy, flexibility, and grace under pressure
- Communicate clearly with account leads, project managers and other team members regarding project objectives and deliverables
- Listen well and solve problems to achieve the most effective outcome for the client, team and agency
- Develop strong relationships across the agency, specifically with all Media, PR/Content, Digital Creative and Client Engagement team members
- Be a champion for agency process and best practices for the delivery of digital media and web-based experiences
This job description serves as an overall summary of responsibilities for the position outlined. Please note it is subject to change with specific expectations associated with the position.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not the practice of Wray Ward to sponsor individuals for work visas.
At Wray Ward, we firmly believe that internal and client relationships are a key to our success. Certain attitudes define how we work and are important in what we seek for our culture and mission. Key Agency attitudes are:
We, not me
We check our egos at the door. As a result, we thrive in a positive, collaborative atmosphere that welcomes diverse professionals and invites everyone to contribute their best.
Ask “what if?”
Always going beyond what is and considering what could be, we create unexpected possibilities that differentiate our brands and accelerate their success.
Creativity demands that we hold nothing back. So we mutually support each other in speaking up, taking risks and courageously contributing audacious, unedited, unconventional ideas.
Everything we do is about results. We not only achieve our clients’ goals, but continually exceed their expectations. Every person here shares individual responsibility for their own, our agency’s and our clients’ success.
Day in and day out, we will passionately create the most innovative, engaging and effective work in the home category – we will live it, we will breathe it, and we will own it.
Wray Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.